Friday, August 8, 2008

Laundry day

I decided to do a laundry day today. It's just something I do on occasion when the laundry gets out of hand. OH boy was it out of hand! I've done 7 loads already, and I've still got quite a ways to go.

I've come to realize that laundry days are rather enjoyable in their own simple way. The kids and I usually make something yummy to eat(today we made a chocolate cake with orange icing) and we watch movies. I know it sounds boring, but it's actually quite fun. I sit and fold the clothes while we all take turns picking out movies to enjoy together.

Today we've watched a lot of Little House on the Prairie. I loved that show as a child and now I'm glad I get to enjoy it with my kids. It brought on a ton of questions and some great opportunities to learn. We discussed Native Americans, horses, oxen,wagons, settlers, and a lot more. It's funny how people seem to think you have to be in a classroom to learn or at least setting at a desk. My kids learn so much just from living. Now I'm not saying I don't worry at times, but today was one of those days that reminded me to just let go.

No comments: