Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Balance

I struggle with trying to find balance in my life. Balance between, kids, home school, cleaning house, my husband and myself. One of the problems is that I struggle with what I really want. I want to be organized and have a well kept home, but I also want to have a home that invites creativity and happy chaos. I'm sure the two can be blended, but I haven't figured out how to do it. I don't know anyone else that has done it yet either.

Trying to find balance between myself and my children is the hardest. It's especially hard since I unschool. I use to think I had to stop whatever I was doing in order to help my kids. I had this big fear that if I didn't do whatever they wanted RIGHT THEN they would miss out on an important learning opportunity! I worried they would never have the opportunity again! Well, guess what? Kids don't forget that easily! Trust me, if you tell your 7 year old you'll play math bingo later they WILL remember!

I'm learning to take time for myself. To put myself first. That's right I said it! What I've learned is that by meeting my own needs first I am able to meet the needs of my family in a much more enjoyable manner. There's that saying " if mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy." Well, that's true.

I feel like I struggle constantly with all of this. I feel like the weight is constantly shifting. Sometimes I feel like one part of my life is going to take over and crush the other parts of my life.

I am always learning and I am always making mistakes. I've realized that part of having balance in my life is being able to forgive myself for those mistakes.

No comments: